Pages


Friday, July 15, 2011

Citrus Cookies

Hi.  I'm back.  Sorry I haven't posted in a loooooong time.

I love to bake.  I love to cook.  I like to bake better than cooking, though. 

I've made a lot of cobblers.  I've made cookies.  I called them "citrus cookies". 

My recipe is:

4 tablespoons Organic Smart Balance Spread
1/4 cup Organic Maple Syrup
juice from about a half of an orange
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
orange zest
1 tsp baking soda
slivered almonds

I turned on the oven and pre-heated it to 350 degrees.  Spray a cookie sheet.  In a small mixing bowl, whisk together butter, maple syrup, orange juice and vanilla.  In a large mixing bowl, put the oats and flour together (sift the flour first).  Add baking soda and zest.  Add wet ingredients to dry.  Stir it until it's all combined.  Add the almonds and form into little balls.  And, then smush the balls on the cookie sheet.  Bake 13 minutes.  Serve.

They taste like scones and are very good.  Made about 16 cookies.

Enjoy.




Bye, bye.

Island Girl

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of your cookies Island Girl! I bet they are as yummy as they are yummy looking. And baking in your bathing suit, que fabulosa chica!
    I bet we could replace the wheat flour with a different flour and make those cookies for our newly wheat-free crew...We'll check it out.
    xoxo
    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cousin Cade likes to cook, too - especially baked goods. Though, sometimes I think that it's just because he's ALWAYS hungry! He takes after your daddy :-)

    ReplyDelete